Our fees cover the work required to complete the purchase of your new home, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (Stamp Duty) if the property is in England, or Land Transaction Tax (Land Tax) if the property is in Wales.
- £0 - £250,000 £995.00
- £250,001 - £500,000 £1,195.00
- £500,001 - £750,000 £1,395.00
- £750,001 - £1,000,000 £1,595.00
- £1,000,001 - £1,250,000 £1,795.00
- £1,250,001 - £1,500,000 £1,995.00
- £1,500,001 and over 0.133%
- £0 - £250,000 £895.00
- £250,001 - £500,000 £1,095.00
- £500,001 - £750,000 £1,295.00
- £750,001 - £1,000,000 £1,495.00
- £1,000,001 - £1,250,000 £1,695.00
- £1,250,001 - £1,500,000 £1,895.00
- £1,500,001 and over 0.133%
Conveyancer's fees and disbursements
- Legal fee £ use calculator above to obtain an estimate of fees
- Fee for acting on behalf of the mortgage lender usually £0
- Search fees approximately £400 + VAT
- HM Land Registry Portal fee £ [click here for an external link to the Land Registry ]
- Electronic money transfer fee £30 + VAT per Transfer (usually two)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as search fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. There are certain disbursements which will be set out in the individual lease relating to the Property.
In addition to the disbursements set out above if the property is Leasehold additional disbursements will arise which we anticipate will apply and are set out separately below. This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply depending on the term of the lease. We will update you on the specific fees upon receipt and review of the documents from the seller's solicitors.
Additional Leasehold Disbursements*
- Notice of Transfer fee – This fee if chargeable is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between £60-£120
- Notice of Charge fee (if the property is to be mortgaged) – This fee is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between £60-£120
- Deed of Covenant fee – This fee is provided by the management company for the property and can be difficult to estimate. Often it is between £100-£220
- Certificate of Compliance fee - To be confirmed upon receipt of the lease, as can range between £100-£200
*These fees vary from property to property and can on occasion be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we have sight of your specific documents.
You should also be aware that ground rent and service charge are likely to apply throughout your ownership of the property. We will confirm the ground rent and the anticipated service charge as soon as this we receive this information.
Stamp Duty Land Tax
This depends on the purchase price of your property. You can calculate the amount you will need to pay by using HMRC's website ( click this link to use HMRC's calculator ) or if the property is located in Wales by using the Welsh Revenue Authority's website.
To obtain a full written quotation detailing the total cost of the transaction to assist you in the calculation of your finances please contact us.
* Our fee assumes that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- this is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
- There is no variation to the price of the property during the course of the transaction.
- the property is not a new build.
- the property has not been bought or sold at auction.
- the property is not a repossession.
- the property is sold with vacant possession.
- the property being sold or purchased is not a Shared Ownership property.
- the property is currently registered at HM Land Registry in no more than one title and you are buying or selling the whole of the land in such title.
- the sale or purchase does not involve Help to Buy Mortgages.
- the lender instructs ourselves to act as their Solicitors
Additional Assumptions (Leasehold Properties only)
- this is the sale or purchase of an existing lease and is not the grant or acquisition of a new lease
- that no Deeds of Variation are needed to the lease i.e. that it complies with the Council of Mortgage Lenders requirements
- that the Management Company and Freeholder are co-operative and cause no unnecessary delay
Court of Protection Deputyship Applications
• Court set fee of £850 + VAT for Property and Financial Affairs Deputyship Application
• £850 + VAT for Health and Welfare Deputyship Application
• From £1,000 + VAT for both Property and Financial Affairs and Health and Welfare combined Deputyship Application
• Initial meeting to discuss requirements, choice of Deputy, role of Deputy and application procedure
• Preparation of Court of Protection forms
• Correspondence with all associated agents, including Court of Protection, proposed Deputies and relatives involved in the Application
• Court of Protection Application fee currently £385 per application
• Insurance Bond (determined by Court of Protection)
• Charged at an hourly rate, starting at £190 + VAT per hour
• Estimate of fee available before committing to our Terms of Business
• Services included to be agreed upon enquiry
Lasting Powers of Attorney
• Start at £400 + VAT
• Initial meeting to discuss requirements, choice of attorney, explain use of Lasting Powers of Attorney and any potential pitfalls
• Preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney
• Lawyer acting as Certificate Provider as part of our fee
• Second meeting to explain and sign the Lasting Powers with us, to ensure proper witnessing procedures are complied with and that you understand and have capacity to sign the Lasting Powers
• We send the signature pages to your attorneys, with instructions and explanations of the documents, together with guidance and information for your attorneys
• Registration of the Lasting Powers with the Office of the Public Guardian
• Provide a certified copy of the Lasting Powers for your records, together with the original Lasting Power
• Registration fee for Office of the Public Guardian - £82 per Power
• Additional certified copies of the Lasting Power requested whilst application in progress - £10 + VAT per Power
- Single Wills start at £220 + VAT
- Couple Wills start at £380 + VAT
- Codicils / Amendments to existing clients Wills start at £110 + VAT per Will/Codicil
- Initial meeting to discuss requirements, including tax/future care planning advice and any contentious issues within plans for Will contents
- Sending a Draft Will with guidance notes for approval
- Minor amendments to Draft Will
- Second meeting to sign the Will with us to ensure proper witnessing procedures are complied with
- Free original Will storage in our Fire Safe
- Copy of Will supplied after settlement of any outstanding bill(s)
Optional additional services not included in costs:
- Certainty Registration of Will at additional charge of £30 per Will